![Velocity Exercises and Etudes for the Jazz Musician [Paperback]](http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51P7A54X75L._AA160_.jpg)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)(I'm a part time pro sax & flute player, and an adult.)I'd say that this book is for moderately advanced students.
This book contains about 2/3rds patterns, and about 1/3rd etudes.The etudes are not rhythmically complex, but are still very good for practicing your sight-reading.These etudes are a somewhat less "pretty" (can I even use that word?) than, say, the book of duets by Bruze Eskovitz/Ernie Watts or those by Greg Fishman, but Ruwe has his own sound, and they certainly make for good reading. Lots of very long 1/8th note runs!
I really like the patterns... although each pattern is written out in each key, which never seemed to make much sense to me (just write it out once in any random key, and leave it to the devoted to learn it in the other 11 keys...).
Anyway, the patterns are a lot of fun, and can definitely be used to get you out of that same old stuff you've been practicing for the last 6 months...!
The bottom line is that after starting on this book I immediately looked around for more by Ruwe... I hope his other books have new material.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Velocity Exercises and Etudes for the Jazz Musician (Jazz Book)
Product Description:
This helpful study guide for all treble clef instruments includes 25 exercises (20-32 measures long, typically based on phrases 2-4 measures in length) to help players increase their speed, plus seven etudes based on famous jazz chord progressions.
Want to read more honest consumer review about Velocity Exercises and Etudes for the Jazz Musician (Jazz Book) now ?

0 comments:
Post a Comment